Nowadays, it is very common that you become a mere victim of the scammers online without your knowledge. So, it has become very important to stay safe and secure from hackers and scammers and avoid the habits that we generally do in negligence. And these habits give away to the hackers for reaching or breaching our valuable data and personal identity. In this article, we will discuss the 5 risky habits in carelessness that attracts hackers to track down your data along with the basic tips to avoid such scams.
Read Also >> McAfee LiveSafe vs Total Protection: Which one is better?
- Accepting friend requests from strangers: If you are doing so, then McAfee security recommends you keep your social media connections limited to the people you know in real life. If you have received a random request then you should delete or ignore it. you can also ask the person whether he/she is known to someone you know or not. You might feel confident in accepting the random request but you don’t know with what intentions the other person sends you the random request so you have to stay alert.
- Entertain odd requests in messages: Remember, the moment you get an email, text, or instant message from any social media platform, you should stop or think about it. if the request is from a random add then you need to verify that is authentic by contacting the sender via a different medium.
- Showing or posting your live locations online: McAfee says that it is not a good idea to share every last detail about your location. In order to protect your privacy, you have to avoid sharing pictures and location tagging or download McAfee antivirus which blocks sharing such data to others.
- Putting anonymous apps on your mobile phone: You should only download the official apps and you should avoid downloading the apps which are not genuine. If you have them on your device then it is recommended to delete them right away to avoid the invasion of malicious content to your device. Moreover, you can download or install the McAfee antivirus software which blocks such phishing applications to create issues in the account.
- Sharing details about your kids or family online: You need to rethink the kid’s online privacy as kids and elders are more vulnerable to getting hacked. You must check the privacy settings on social media and avoid posting any information or pictures that are confidential and can tarnish your child’s image online. We recommend McAfee web security software to protect your data online.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that through this article you get an idea that avoiding these 5 risky habits that attract cyber scammers to hack your data can help you to dodge such activities with your wit or cleverness. You can gather more pieces of information to learn the ways for avoiding such practices. We recommend you to consider online blogs and articles that are posted commonly online. In the end, it is also suggested to download McAfee antivirus security software to avoid any interruptions in accessing your accounts online. Moreover, your data is safe and secured with McAfee and it also helps to create a defensive fortress against malware and Trojans to invade the device.